Sunday, November 4, 2007

The Beauty of Organization

When I first started out with surveys, my only form of record keeping was the old e-mail messages I kept in my inbox. Oh yes, and my mental notes!

Needless to say, I constantly forgot about surveys I had taken and product tests that needed completing. When you are signed up with such a big list of companies, it is nearly impossible to remember everything. Now I am much more organized and much less stressed out.

I recommend keeping a record of everything. Whether you do it on paper or on the computer is up to you. Excel experts, go crazy and create that spreadsheet. For my own records, I keep a handwritten notebook that contains the following sections:

  • A list of all of the companies I am signed up with
  • Completed surveys - make separate columns for the date, company name, survey name/number, incentive, and whether or not the incentive was credited to your account (legit survey sites are very good about paying - but mistakes do happen, and it's helpful when you can let them know exactly what survey you took and when, just in case there's an issue)
  • Requested payments - make separate columns for the date you requested payment, the amount, method (check, paypal, etc.), and date received.
  • Automatic Payments - for the sites that automatically mail out your incentive after completion of a project. Make separate columns for the amount, method, and date received. (Don't forget to go back to your Completed Surveys section and mark that one as paid!)
  • Notes - for the random stuff that you need to remember. I mainly use this section for the product tests. I always log the date I received the product, the date by which the survey needs to be taken, and whether or not I need to return anything to the company.

An absolute must for Get-Paid-To record keeping:

  • If you are getting into the GPT world and you start doing free or low cost trials that require credit card, you must keep a record of the offer, the date, and the date the offer has to be cancelled by. Otherwise, you might end up paying more than you bargained for!

No comments: